For more than 150 years, the familiar signs of Western Union have stood as a trusted symbol for connecting friends, family and businesses around the world.
Known today as an innovator in financial services, The Western Union Company has become an industry leader in global money transfer with approximately 430,000 Agent locations in 200 countries and territories.
Western Union is available at all Equity bank branches in Kenya
Products and Services
- Send Money: Allows customers to send money at any Western Union location worldwide within minutes.
- Receive Money: Allows customers to receive money at any Western Union location worldwide within minutes.
- Quick Pay: Bill-paying service that allows customers to send cash payments to companies for a flat fee.
- Quick Cash: Allows companies to send Money Transfer to their customers or employees.
5 Tips to Send Money
Do I need a bank account to send money?
No, you can send money without holding a bank account.
When will the money be available to the receiver?
Immediately* after you have completed the transaction.
Does the beneficiary have to pay fees?
No, all fees are paid by the sender.
What do I need to communicate to the beneficiary?
- Senders name.
- Sending country/city of origin.
- Amount sent in local currency.
Do I need to add a test question?
Yes, any transfer to Africa needs a test question for security reasons.
*Subject to opening hours.
5 Tips to Receive Money
Do I need to provide the 10 digit number (known as MTCN) to collect money?
Yes, Since its mandatory
What do I need to collect my money?
- Name of the sender.
- Country/city of transfer’s origin.
- Expected amount of money to be received.
- Valid ID and test question answer.
Do I need a proper form of ID to collect my money?
Yes, normally a passport, national ID or driver’s licence.
Do I need to have a bank account to collect my money?
No, you receive the money in cash.
Do I need to pay a fee when collecting my money?
No, all fees have been paid for by the sender.